China Law Blogs
Posts from blogs about Law in China
- Copyright Takedowns in China, Part II: Searching, Linking or Storing?
This is the second in a series of posts about China’s system for the takedown of copyright subject matter stored or posted online without the copyright owner’s approval. In our first post, Copyright Takedowns in China, we provided a general summary of the regulations that establish the takedown procedures. These regulations enable enforcement of the… Continue Reading
The post Copyright Takedowns in China, Part II: Searching, Linking or Storing? appeared first on China Law Blog.
- USPTO seeks China program specialists
- United States Information Technology Office (Beijing) seeks managing director
- China LOI and MOU: Don’t Let Them Happen to You
At least once a month a US company comes to one of our China lawyers after having spent considerable time in China negotiating a complex transaction. They then show us a Letter of Intent (LOI) or a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that sets out in great detail the terms of their proposed China deal. We… Continue Reading
- China Contracts: Why Hong Kong Courts Are A Really Big Mistake….Really Big.
We continue to see contracts rendered unenforceable because the American or European party seeks to avoid application of Chinese law and enforcement in Chinese courts. By their own actions the foreign party guarantees the contract it drafted will be of absolutely no value to them. This is what is called “to be hoisted with one’s own… Continue Reading
The post China Contracts: Why Hong Kong Courts Are A Really Big Mistake….Really Big. appeared first on China Law Blog.
- More on Taiwanese independence and sovereignty
- Tianenmen Square Anniversary - Are things changing?http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/4/newsid_2496000/2496277.stm While never expecting to be able to see anything about Tianenmen Square on the internet here in China, we still try every now and again to see what we can pull up with a simple internet search. Also, the…
- China earthquake medical supplies list — EnglishDownload earthquake_needs_sichuan_china_21_may_2008.doc This is a Word document of the present needs list of medical supplies. This translation came from our office because we have been asked for an English language version. Funds might be sent in via the Red Cross,…
- Chinese Visa BacklogWe have been getting 20-30 phone calls per day about getting a Chinese visa. Each caller seems to have been told some different story about what can and can not be done. So, I’m writing to try and clarify things…