Chinese Online Shop Fraud

I got a comment in an old post, the one about the Internet Police, about being ripped off by a Chinese online shop offering electronic goods for great prices.

I don’t know the exact details but I did a quick search to see what info is available. It seems the commenter isn’t the only one who didn’t get his stuff from Storehot. And it appears there are a lot of so-called online shops that love to take your money but don’t deliver. You can find an extensive list here.

There’s even a question on Yahoo Answers about Storehot asking whether to trust the website and the advice given there makes sense.

If you can’t pay by credit card or paypal for that matter you have no consumer protection. Making a deposit into an account or sending money using Western Union to an individual is a sure sign the probability of losing your money has increased tenfold.

Storehot (no, still no link to them:) even has the nerve to write on their payment page that you have to contact them for their paypal account because that would be a paypal rule. Well, that’s bull.

Storehot

And remember if the price is too good, there’s a catch. I checked the website of Storehot and they had a nokia n95 on offer for 226 Euro. That’s 300 US cheaper then I could find anywhere else.

Happy Shopping:) Happy Holidays!

Possibly Related Posts

12 Responses to “Chinese Online Shop Fraud”

1. Peyman
    January 13th, 2009 11:16

thank you for ur article, acually i wanted to send money to one of the froud sites, www.topstrade.com ,but i search over the net and i discovered the big amount of those kind of sites, now listen to the most intresting part, most of them claim that they will send it with www.EMS.com.cn, now the EMS has a service of Cash on delevery (COD), where you can pay once you get the product,, those froud websites told me that they dont accept this method, this is the only way to trust them but they refuse which means they are fake.

my best regards

2. Rittichai
    May 26th, 2009 23:15

I need help!
    What should you do, when you order something from china, and you pay already, but the company didn’t send you a products.
    Why company in china like to cheat people?
    Make a trust and grind out.

Please! help me.
    [email protected]

3. Horváth Tamás
    June 30th, 2009 13:41

Hi!

I’m from Hungary, Tamás Horváth. A Chinese merchant online page (tradekey.com) from each of fraudulent companies? I wanted to order one of the firm (laptop) (Globle trading co., Ltd) [huangqiu.international Trading Co., Ltd]. I even sent the money ($ 300) for them. We guessed that send more money ($ 60) to transport the first time because I forgot to me. They said that even if you do not send money for a laptop is not even money. I was obliged to send the requested amount. They sent the package but not a laptop bag and shoes but also in the package.
    Then we had a company who wanted to order (laptop) [http://www.weixintrade.com] (Quanzhou Bofeng Trade Co., Ltd.). They are also asked to send them the money ($ 230) [Western Union]. They did not sent. Simply, the money had been stolen. What can be done in this case?

4. Ali jahanpanah
    January 11th, 2010 11:47

we used to shop around 50000 Us Dollar every months from china by our agent there, he came back to Iran for a month and we needed 50 laptops here and found some online in HEFEI City, we first sent 2000 Us Dollars to buy five laptops first and another 45 after we recived that five.The company called SHZHEN BING TRADE CO.LTD,in HEFEI city in ANHUI Province in CHINA. We sent the money to Bank of China HEFEI Branch,sort code BKCHCNBJ780 And the beneficiary was somebody called JUNNENG LUO Acc Nomber 489966020179915. Now we have found that these company are cheating Company and after we sent money they changed theire name and I.D and coming with another ID And names. From now on we do not trust any company in CHINA and will never send our agent nor a penny to shop from China for ever,even if they first send the goods and paying after delivary, we do not want any more goods from there again!

5. Nawaz
    March 8th, 2010 06:21

People are getting scared by this situation because the scammers in China are not punished.
    I am also one of the examples. I contacted a Chinese company Changjiang Trade Co., Ltd. They offered me good prices for laptop computers. I placed an order for a laptop. They asked me to send money which I sent as per their invoice. But they scammed me and sent a fake DHL tracking number. However, I have gathered sufficient information about them. The authorities can very easily find and arrest them with this information. Their information is;

Changjiang Trade Co.,Ltd.
    Address:No.1806Room,JianhuaBuilding ,ZhongqianRoad,WuhanCity,HubeiProvince,China

phone: 86-15819558120

Fax: 86-027-2587953

Business licence: 4403011245717

Website: www.digitalsquar.com

E mail: [email protected], [email protected]mail.com

Contact Person 1: Guihua Jiang (His bank account: Bank of China, Swift Code: BKCH CN BJ 45a, Account Number: 6013.8220.0091.0770.083)

Contact Person 2: Haiyu Zhou (City: Shenzhen, Province: Guangdong. He has picked money from WesterUnion against MTCN number 741-121-0139)

Contact Person 3: Xining Lin (City: Wuhan, Province: Hubei)

I have sent this information to Chinese Authorities. Lets see what they do???

6. Haytham R.
    September 3rd, 2010 11:20

I have been Fraud-ed by a Chinese Girl, her name is Kathleen Lin , and her company name is Beijing Kehua Science And Technology Co., Ltd. they sent me emails introduced them selves as a usb disk suppliers with a very good quality and low prices items, i bought 400 nice shape with a good design packing and received nothing at all, they even blocked me and never answered my callas after that, please i need to have my 2000usd back. is there anyway please??

7. Ibnu S.
    September 19th, 2010 02:38

Hi,
    a few days ago I’ve ordered Apple Iphone 4 16GB in ITCNN Electronics Inc, They offered for 345Euro, I think the price was good for me so I’ve sent the money via Western Union. but Till now the item has not been sent yet, one days ago they informed me that I must pay customs tariff 50% of total price or I must continues to buy some product reach 500Euro so the tariff will be low to 5%, and they will pay the tariff. They told me that it is a new rule of China’s government, is that true?

to everyone who knows about that, please informed me..

8. sazzychix
    June 4th, 2011 05:17

i have my own online shop for the philippines and i find it good to sell gadgets from china. so i ordered 18 bags, worth 30 usd each, and 10 android mid tablet for 1600 usd…. the only problem is, i already paid thru the western union last may, and until now there are no items was sent at all… it is 2200 usd in total and its not a joke losing such money. im afraid i might be a victim of fraud already… so please. help me if somebody knows if i can do anything about this:((

9. Orkhan
    June 27th, 2011 00:43

DO not ever buy from this web site:

vkamobi.com

They will ship you non quality item, and then afer you ship it back for refund they will keep it untill the end of 45 days. Because after this paypal will not be able to refund you. And then they will stop contacting you and not ship your order…

10. Simon
    February 20th, 2012 10:39

I have one for you and beware of:
    Shenzhen MaiKing Technology Co.Ltd
    website: maiking.com/
    Skype: mona.queen00
    Gmail: [email protected]
    Hotmail/MSN: [email protected]
    Telephone: +0086 0755 3685 8967
    Mobile Phone: +86 131 72411 136

The companies website maiking.com/” has some what i thought were good offers but they are fraudsters after they give you the payment method “Western Union” and you pay they then send you an email with random numbers on saying its your DHL tracking code but DHL have no record of the code. the company ignores request for an explanation.

If anyone knows this company under another name please let me know.
    Kind Regards

11. anna laser tandblekninng
    March 28th, 2012 08:10

anna laser tandblekninng…

[…]k Hello there, I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by err vv[…]…

12. victim
    June 19th, 2012 18:39

www.achinaseller.com Fraudulent website. Never send them money. If you already sent, forget it. No chinese authority will help you, even answer you. Probably, there isn’t any chinese authority.